i have been planning to write about this novel from many days but couldn’t find enough time; Though i post many other things during that but whenever i tried to focus this book, what happen next? i open it from some random place and start reading again; The most interestingly it took me nearly two years to finish it first time; I read it in many sittings, with very slow pace; But once its done, revised many times. One of two novels i really liked. One is The Alchemist and other is Master of the Game.
Master of the Game is a novel by Sidney Sheldon, first published in 1982; Spanning six generations in the lives of the fictional MacGregor/Blackwell family; It starts from Kate Blackwell’s ninetieth birthday celebrations in 1982 and then we move in past, back to a century;
The best thing i found in this novel, and infact all other work of sidny, is that the story move at a constant and fast pace. No long complicated dialogs, after every few pages you find a turn that put you more inside the novel; Same in Master Of the Game, Sidny covers lives of six generations in such a way that at every step the curiosity to get to know the next turn increases. I’m sorry i can’t give references from story because its all worth to read; Don’t want to lessen the charm of the story.
the date when i had this novel; next two images shows start and end of the novel; in between we pass 6 generations; click to enlarge.
In first term, the end wasn’t as per my expectations; Infact in reality i was lil disappointed. I was expecting some big turn from sidney’s unique style of story weaving .i.e. making unpredicted things to happen in jaw dropping fashion. But after 2 3 revisions it start looking exactly same as it should be; What it was i’m not going to tell, you must read it till end and i’m sure if you start once you will not give it too much time to end.
Java/J2EE Job Interview Companion is book having 400+ Java/J2EE Interview questions with clear and concise answers for: job seekers (junior/senior developers, architects, team/technical leads), promotion seekers, pro-activelearners and interviewers. Free download Lulu top 100 best seller. Increase your earning potential by learning, applying and succeeding. Learn the fundamentals relating to Java/J2EE in an easy to understand questions and answers approach. Covers 400+ popular interview Q&A with lots of diagrams, examples, code snippets, cross referencing and comparisons. This is not only an interview guide but also a quick reference guide, a refresher material and a roadmap covering a wide range of Java/J2EE related topics.
In a glance
- In its own ethics this is a very unique book.
- Though there are tons of internet sites listing the j2ee interview questions, the author of this book has taken great effort and care to list the questions and answers.
- The book leaves no topics un-turned. Gives very clear and short explanations for every topic and questions and goes through in-detail if needed.
- The answers were followed by neat images if necessary, which many other site/book doesn’t.
- This book will certainly help both the interview host and attendee.
- I liked the chapters related to Design patterns, WebSerivces and Testing, which you may not find other books/sites.
- Very well organized for quick interview preparation as well.
- The advantages and disadvantages of each piece of j2ee are discussed.
- Section 3 of this book “how would you go about…” is very well written and each question were the real ones that you will come across in technical interview.
- Reading this book will sure give you confidence for answering the questions that were not covered in this book for brevity reasons.
- A best bet for preparing j2ee technical interview and its worth buying.
Get knowledge and spread …
Have a nice day